Sherry's Hide-out: China Tour 2004 UTF-8






Powered by Blogger

Powered by Cute Colors

Photobucket.com image hosting and photo sharing

Friday, July 22, 2005

China Tour 2004

Fine

I had completed my detailed blog writing on my China Trip 2004. I always wanted to do it but could not find the time until now which also marks the 1 year anniversary of my trip. Therefore, I had written it as my memories. Here is a summary of my overall tour experience.

My first overseas trip to China which includes Hangzhou, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi & Shanghai. This was my first 8 days & 7 nights overseas trip. The 1st time on the aeroplane. I was actually quite afraid cause I'm flying for the 1st time. I flew China Eastern Airline Plane MU 544. People kept telling me you won't really feel that the plane was taking up but I could feel it. Within a short time, I was flying in the air. As a 1st timer, of course I could not sleep lor, the aeroplane moving sound could be heard clearly in my ears. When the plane finally landed, I was so relief. The Pudong airport was very nice and big and it was very quiet cause the plane landed at about 6.15am.

Hangzhou is a very beautiful place. Xi Hu, Hua Gang Guang Yu, Mei Jia Wu, He Fang Jie, Xi Hu Xing Tian Di, Song Cheng and Bao Shu Tang , all the places I had been to during my stay in Hangzhou. These are all very nice and maybe significant places in Hangzhou. In Hangzhou, I like "Song Cheng" the most. The number of performers is about 3000, the staging, the props, the peformers, the atmosphere, the story were all very good. The 4 different stories mainly were mainly legends in Hangzhou which included "The Legend of Mdm White Snake" and "The Legend of Yue Fei". "The Legend of Mdm White Snake" happened to be a story which I like a lot. On the last day morning in Shanghai, I saw on TV, "The Legend of Mdm White Snake" which was a very old show that I watched when I was young. Hangzhou, a place where I like to visit again. Two days stay in Hangzhou was a short one but I actually visites quite a lot of places.


Xi Tang is a very special place, I should say. Xi Tang really looks like an ancient "Shui Xiang" which will brings you back to the past. In Xi Tang, everything here is still being preserve in it's old ways unlike other "Shui Xiang" which had commericalize due to the increase in tourism. There were also not so many tourists here, so can enjoy the scenary. The fan which had golden words on it was impressive, to think the author can actually write so many words on the small fan. "Ban Hua" was great too, the scenary on it was amazing even though it was in a single colour only, black.

Suzhuo is well known for its silk and beautiful ladies. The ladies which I would not say really beautiful or not, cause it depends on it's perspective. But maybe in ancient times, the ladies from Suzhou were really beautiful then. I got to see how the silk is made into blankets. The "Chang Si Bei", I heard from the tour guide that people always buy a lot of blankets when they are in Suzhou because they are special. We bought some too eventually. "Han San Si" is also a nice place but "Guan Qian Jie" is a better one cause we can do some shopping here. The varities of goods they have were uncountable. A nice shopping place.

Frankly speaking, the 5 cities that we visited, I like Nanjing the best. Nanjing used to be the capital for China in one of the dynasty. The high walls which surround Nanjing, used to shield Nanjing from invaders but most of it were gone and "Zhong Hua Men" was the largest area left. This attraction was specially being shown to us cause the Nanjing local tour guide had to get the driver to go one big round just to let us see the "Zhong Hua Men". This attraction was not included in the tour package. It was a bonus given to us. "Zhong Shan Ling" is the place that I love most in Nanjing. It is a very grand place. The structure, the signboard, the statues were all so grand. The 392 steps that led to Mr.Sun Yat Sen's grave, in between the nice signboards, the nice wordings on the boards. "Kong Zi Miao" was actually the place that I wanted to visit but upon there, the Nanjing local tour guide told us that "Kong Zi Miao" actually only had a outercase left cause it was being destroyed many times n they repaired a lot of times already. "Chang Jiang Da Qiao" was also an eye opener, cause it is a 3 in 1 bridge, the train, the ship and the cars. It's a very grand bridge.

Wu Xi, the place with the lesser attractions and no night activity. But it's good in the sense, so we can actually take a rest cause the programs here are lesser. San Guo Cheng, I like this place too cause its like a theme park. I don't watch "San Guo Yan Yi" before I went there, so don't quite actually know about the place but when the Wu Xi local tour guide explained the places where the filmng took place, I listen carefully. Currently Channel 8 is re-showing the "San Guo Yan Yi", so I can actually keep a lookout for the spots where it was filmed in "San Guo Cheng". The battle show put up was great too cause under the hot weather, they really had to ride on the horses, wear like "Zhang Fei", "Liu Bei" etc. The armour itself, I think was very heavy already.

Shanghai, the last stop of my trip and the most advanced out of the 5 cities. Shanghai is like Singapore but it had a mixture of ancient houses or I should says old houses and new high-rise building. Shanghai is changing everyday. According to Xiao Yuan, Shanghai's map is being re-drawn every 3 months, it is changing so fast that this time you may see certain place here but the next time you come, the place may diasppear already. There are many shopping centres here and its a good place for shopping. Love the "Huang Pu Jiang" cruise, "Jin Mao Da Sha" and "Shanghai Ge Ju Yuan". A cruise ride on "Huang Pu Jiang" lets u have an overall feel of Shanghai. The last lunch at Shanghai with restaurant name unknown was a good place. Traditional building with a pond in the middle. Great view!!!

I flew back from Shanghai Pudong airport to Singapore by China Eastern Airline Plane MU 543. I bought back happiness, friendship, unwillingness to leave the place and hopes to visit China again. It was 5.30am on July 22 when I reached Singapore.

To conclude, I have a wonderful trip. Yar, but the toilet problem still exists. The toilet doors without locks, no toilet door, flooding toilet etc. I think they had to put in more work on their toilets. Else, the rest I think still okay. I went in Summer, so the temperature was around 33-37 degrees. It was hot, hot, hot but this year was even hotter. Xiao Yuan said the temperature is so high that an egg could be fried on the floor.

Their standard of living is very low but I think they live happily. Of course, there are people who are rude and proud but there are people who are polite too. Some people even pushed at toilets and attractions. I think they are always rushing for dun know what. I think China had improved a lot and will cntinue to improve. I want to see a better China.Bascially, I really enjoyed myself in this trip.

The places of interest I went were good and this trip had changed a lot of my perspectives. I have already grown over the years and the curent me is definietly not the one, one year ago. It was through this trip that I realized that "In life, that are bound to be some regrets, that's life, isn't it!" and " Do you best in everything, as long as you do your best, you're the best". I also got to know Ivy & YingYing, my tour group members and Xiao Yuan, the local tour guide who I still keeps in contact with through MSN.

Looking forward to the next trip overseas.

Sherry's thoughts on China Trip 2004 in 22 July 2005.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home